Monday, November 21, 2005

Shopping et al

Planned to watch Harry Potter yesterday with dong saeng, but the lines in all 4 cinemas at SM were scary...so we ended up shopping. Brought some dough, but since Mastercard has a 1% rebate parang ang laki! sus!), my card got the special treatment yesterday...And now, I have to keep it chained and locked because ... I think I maxed it out... (liit kasi ng credit limit eh hahaha) Bought two pairs of shoes, two pairs of denims for myself. Two pairs of denim and a pair of shoes for Gie (which I'll take out of her allowance - yikes, para akong mommy!) and a pair of sandals for Mom. Wasn't able to buy anything for dad, but will look at Superman shirts at SM Harrison today. =) Now, even if I wanted to start Christmas shopping, it would have to wait til next pay day...which is...TOMORROW! yehey! I love weekly paydays!

I love shopping. Now...shopping and spending are two different things. I like to look around, but I have a hard time deciding on what I like because I have this definite, specific thing in my mind, and when it's not met, I'd pass up the good finds...Ehem, sounds like my lovelife, eh? Anyways, my relatives accuse me of being "kuripot" (tightwad!) but it's not so. I splurge on what I like (good food, videoke, travel, shoes, books and knick knacks) and skimp on the blah necessities.

Anyway, my dongsaeng told me I am very discriminating (told her about Mr. Shy Guy) and that I should give "people" a chance. I'm still very wary, after all, even if I'm playing games, it's not without a price. I don't want them to get the wrong idea (vs. what I always do, damn it!) and hurt them.

Mr. Shy Guy called yesterday and asked if I've already heard mass..and I had to lie through my teeth and tell him I'm hearing mass with my family (which would actually be true any given Sunday) and he sounded a little disappointed. I don't think I'm willing (yet) to give him that chance. Told him we could chat on first Friday of December, though. Sigh.

Incidentally, I was cleaning up my drawers yesterday and got hold of my diaries. One was missing - the one with all my beautiful memories of APA - post debut. I read the old diaries and laughed at how immature we were even during college days. How excited I got when he scrubbed my hands during lab class (my barkadas were so kilig when I told them this). How frustrated I was when we were not on talking terms. How happy I was when he would call and we'd exchange corny jokes, even if I'd get scolded for telebabad. I read our conversation about dying before he reached 25 years old, and got goosebumps...because he died before he reached his 25th year. I remembered the time he (jokingly) asked me to marry him (Will you marry me, my sweet sexy darling housewife?) over the phone and I answered no ("because we're still too young" I replied to his "why?"). Life has certainly brought me lots of surprises, a few of them beautiful and a few of them regrettable...I wonder where we'd be if I had answered "yes"...

I regret that I'm missing that one diary...where could it be? Sometimes, memories are all we have of dear old friends...We might have burned bridges we've crossed, but we could always keep the ashes.

1 comment:

The Accidental Reviewer said...

shopping galore ka sister. :)

anyway, very interesting ung post mo about the guy. makes you think of the what-ifs.