Monday, November 07, 2005

A little more

A little more patience. Five more days to go. Five more sleepless nights. Just a teeny more bit of aches...and then all will be back to normal- hopefully.

Spent the long weekend, again, working on our TPPA reports, rushing to practices and trying to (note: try) do some house chores now that the laundry is piling up. (I therefore conclude: you wash your clothes, don't iron them, and when you wear them, they iron themselves out after an hour or so..try it!) My thumb and pointing finger are both broken and swelling because of practices.

Yesterday, I went home feeling so tired I just want to curl up and sleep like Rip. Iyos and I were sharing how we'd like to just and stare into space for one hour. As I was walking to church, I was asking God to give me more strength, some more energy just to get to mass. If not for Him, I don't know where I'd draw my strength.

I got so impatient with one of the dancers yesterday, but one thing that kept me going was seeing the rest of the dancers so eager and tireless. I saw how the banner boys put their hearts into what they were doing, that even I don't have the heart to ask them to practice more. I saw how excited the new dancers were with their dresses, the ribbons and their own dances, that my doubts melted.

One thing that I learned from all these (the practice-til-you-drop-dead sessions, P&W-have-modified-yet-again-the-line-up, she's-late-again people) is that I can't judge people by what I see. Sure, we all say "Don't judge a book by it's cover", but I always have this "Stop! No Entry" sign with new people. As I bonded with Meong, Ronald and Randy over keema, shawarma and memory gap-inducing korma last Saturday evening after banner practice, I got to know them better. (Actually, Randy and have been friends for years na, so I was able to share with him my latest kakikayan escapade...naka save on beer!) Nakakatuwa nga si Lolo Meong, eh.

Now, I'm one of the ates of the group. And I feel so proud of my brood.

No comments: