Thursday, November 10, 2005

Reflections on Kim Sam Soon

Yehhhheeeyyyy!

Today is my last working day for the week! I'll be on leave tomorrow until Tuesday for the Mo. Nadine retreat and then some rest!

But then again, I may have to report for work on Tuesday to upload some files and attend choir practice. Hmmm...Anyways, at least I'll be able to snuggle in bed until past 6 am. =)

I'm watching Nae Ireum Kim Sam Soon (My Name Is Kim Sam Soon) and it's wonderful. I definitely feel like Sam Soon...a bit overweight and unsure of my career objectives even if I am good at what I do. I laugh at some of her fantasies, but can well identify with her "sentiments". We both have "funny" names we'd like to change, in our late 20s and pressured to marry, and that curly hair!!! Now I know why chingu Louise liked it very much.

It occured to me, as I re-run the episodes in my mind, how forgiving she could be...and maybe that's where I separate myself from her (parang iisa lang kami noh???)I have not been so forgiving of people, even myself...I've let go and moved on, and too fast at that, but I've never really forgiven. The "loves" in my life were remembered with slight bitterness and doubts.

And it's time, maybe, to burn the bridges I've crossed.

4 comments:

The Accidental Reviewer said...

um, pa burn?

WINTERFIRE said...

it's a set of dvds i borrowed from a friend. 8 cds. 16 episodes...

evelash said...

mmmm so feeling mo ikaw si sam soon? hehehehe ako din? ngerks! sana dumating na ang hyun bin ng buhay natin hehehehe

WINTERFIRE said...

parang mas type ko si daniel hennesy. =)

kamukha ni heart evangelista at ara mina yung isang girl!