Thursday, November 17, 2005

Forgiven, Forgotten...The Youth Ministry

Went to Luke's despedida party last night. He's leaving for Texas, US of A on Friday. I think, despite all that happened, he's still one of my good friends from community.

All's forgiven and forgotten. Sometimes, we'd slip and joke about "our quarrel" but I'd always say that I just got caught in the middle, being friends with them both (the parties involved)...and now, I don't even want to get in between anymore. It was quite stressful because I understand both their situation.

So last night, before we said our final "bon voyage, pakabakit ka dun!" speeches to Luke, we remembered the good old days, and what Luke would miss when he goes abroad.

One of the things I definitely miss, I remember while we were reminiscing last night, was the "gimik" nights after PM and we'd go have dinner and some beers. He he he. As Luke kindly reminded me, I outdrank him several times. I think anyone who could get past the two bottle mark can out-drink Luke.

How time has flown! Now, PM nights are marked with the rush to go home because we have classes the next morning. We've outgrown our naughty (read: ice down my back during a welcome party for Mo. Nadine) ways and our late nights. We've separated ways, with some flying off to other countries in search of greener pastures, others have married and started their own families. The few of us who remained un-attached (ha ha ha!) and committed to our ministries are too busy to tend to the younger sheep. The Youth Ministry is long gone.

So Luke...bon voyage...it's a new chapter in your life (what a cliche!). Pakabait ka dun! Tawag ka lang next week, pag nasa Pinas ka na ulit, dahil na deport ka! Wehehehe.





No comments: