Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pigeonholes

Somebody told me stories of Mr. Shy Guy last night…and all I can say is that it makes me uneasy because there’s too much on his plate and nothing on mine. My friend was saying how nice and shy he is, but he did agree with me that it’s quite impossible given our backgrounds…Again, I repeat, it’s not because I think low of him, because I have yet to really get to know him, but because I know I will have to submit myself to the scrutiny of society. We might be in the 21st century, and I might be the modern woman, but my family and values are very much traditional.

Was able to surf friendster again last night…and boy, did I get so many revelations! I must admit I’ve become pretty “snobbish” as I got older. Papa Mon would even scold me “Ayan ka na naman, Dhing, nag ge-generalize ka na naman eh.” I got this pigeonholes for people and last night, I found out how wrong I had been with so many of them. Ay, palya na naman ang aking people skills! Tama si Rene.


So I’m keeping my mind open, my heart more forgiving. I need to see more of the world to know my “pigeonhole” needs a little remodeling. =)

3 comments:

Debby said...

Hey, thanks for the comment in my blog! :) I like your blog, too. I'll be a reader. ;)

The Accidental Reviewer said...

Sometimes I'm guilty of this, too. I usually classify people into idiots and non-idiots :)

WINTERFIRE said...

cherry,
eksakto!