Friday, September 30, 2005

My Hell of a Week

This week's been pretty hectic. We had rehearsals everyday and the stress level of the entire group really reached saturation point. I myself felt like screaming at some of them for heckling, for not paying attention, not memorizing their steps, squabbling and complaining, not attending practices, talking and talking...

I had been busy as well with the video presentation. I made two videos...one showing the chorale's history, their pictures from previous concerts and contests, visits to the senate and the palace. The second one is to give thanks to our musical director, our adviser, the lot of us who sacrificed our time, talents and treasures for this particular endeavor...I feel so drained now as though a blanket just covered my sun.

My laptop's lcd screen is broken. Yesterday afternoon, after rehearsals, I joined by colleagues for merienda and sat on a plastic stool. My laptop was in a backpack (for laptops) on the floor beside me because I was planning to work on the videos. One of the legs of my stool gave way and I ended up on a heap on the floor...unfortunately, slightly on top of my laptop. I tested it to see if everything'f fine, but the bottom right of the screen had a crack. I was worried, angry with myself and very sad. But I was able to use it the entire night to edit and finish the videos.

But this morning, the whole screen's completely wasted. A diagonal cut runs from upper left to bottom right and unless you connect the laptop to a computer monitor, the entire unit's totally useless. I cried. I swear I had to leave the dressing room for a while to cry my eyes out. We had to borrow my department's laptop to be able to show our videos.

The only good thing that happened was our concert. At least, it was successful. I am proud to be a BSSinger. That all the efforts paid off. That I have something to show for all the afternoons I was gone from the office on official time just to attend rehearsals. I smiled and accepted all the praises and thank yous that I got. My doubts about staying on at the chorale were eliminated.

Still, back to reality. There's a broken lcd that needs fixing. I am so angry because I had been so careful of this techtoy. I had spend endless moments debating on the merits of acquiring one. I had to endure some "money-saving" days to afford it (and some of my techtoys). All for naught.

I am so depressed I can't stop writing. I don't want to attend prayer meeting tonight. I feel so tired and wasted and down. I know it's not good to be skipping PMs just because bad luck deigned to feast on me. Sigh. ** So okay, masenti na naman ako. kill me!

No comments: