Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 - The Year That Was

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

A litttle less than 4 hours and it's ----2006!----

The best and the worst of 2005...

This year's summer saw me going off to Subic 3 times with various sets of friends. A community outing at Laguna. A sheepfold weekend at Canyon Woods and Cawayan Beach Cove in Tagaytay and Batangas. A praise and worship ministry retreat in Baguio. Sadly though, I didn't realize my dream trip to Korea.




Unni-chingu Louise was here though in September. I played host for one night, and we went out for dinner and coffee and a lot of chika at Cubao's newest hangout, Gateway.

Almost committed the biggest tragedy of my life -- falling in love -- during the third quarter of the year. Lucky me, I was able to bounce back, hmmm, bruised but none the worse for wear. Hmm, actually loving the single life. Here's a soju for that!


Cheers!

Got a crush on someone who turned out to be a good friend.

Got a female lovebird named after me -- er, Flame.

Playing "flirt" games with a shy boy who is mum upfront but very expressive (read: forward) thru SMS and phone calls. Was advised by several 'elders' that, for a woman, it is better to commit to a man who loves you more but who you don't really love, than to force your love to a man who doesn't give a fig for you...eventually, they say, a woman is more easily won over by love, sweetness, thoughtfulness, gentleness (and all the "ness" there is pa) and wooing of a man. A woman can kill for a man, but he'll never appreciate it really if he doesn't like her. --am I making sense here???

Anyway, was also busy attending dance practice for the weekend open retreat by Mo. Nadine of Omaha, USA held in November at the Meralco Theatre. Weekends since September, I picked up another ball to juggle - a masteral course in MPA. Good thing here - my classmates are fellow BSPers. My boss is also my groupmate.

Was also active in the BS Singers and was able to participate in our concert held in September. Earned a reputation for being "hyper". Earned the respect of SOME of my colleagues. This doesn't mean, however, that I can really sing. I just give a pretty good imatation of it. hahaha.
Missed my hubby, Jerry Yan's visit to Cebu in May. No, it was not because I've found replacements (my Oppas) but because I was too busy at the office to take a day off.

Took up baking again. And writing blogs.

An old, beloved friend texted me again, after 5 long years of "nothingness".

Earned my target savings!!!

Bought tech toys - a laptop (that proved to be my undoing when I broke the LCD) and a 4-Gig MP3 player.

Hmmm...now, what could my new year's resolutions be???



1 comment:

The Accidental Reviewer said...

happy new year dhing!
you have got to teach me your money saving secrets! balita ko swimming in cash ka na ;P hehehe