Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ten Things I Learned While Mending a Broken Heart

10. You know there was a spark, and now it's gone, when all of a sudden you make it a point to ignore each other.

9. You know it's game over when all of a sudden, the most minute detail of his get-up irritates you.

8. You know the chemistry is gone when you can't catch the drift of his thoughts...you're already drifting asleep when he's talking.

7. You know you've lost the lovin' feeling when you don't even notice his presence...or absence.

6. You know there's no more rhyme when when he leaves you alone in a crowded place and you don't even mind...in fact, you go and find another date. (*evil laugh)

5. You know you are over him when you sit beside him and wish you're sitting next to somebody else.

4. You know it's a closed chapter when you see him with some other girl and think she's good for him.

3. You know you're done when you don't anymore stare at your cell phone willing it to ring/give you a message alert. You can even leave it behind.

2. You know the waltz is over when you don't dress up to impress him anymore.

1. I know it's a failure when I can't even begin to imagine what attracted me to him.

So...on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being totally over him, I can say I'm on my way to 9! Yebbbbaaahhhhh!

2 comments:

Debby said...

Thanks for the phases that you've shared. I am in the process of mending my broken heart as well... But I haven't even reached the first one... Gotta try to be sane.

Merry Christmas!!!

WINTERFIRE said...

hi debby! well, sometimes you're successfully getting over him..the other times..oh well. the same goes for me. i just said i'm better, but he just dropped in my life and i'm lost again!