Thursday, December 01, 2005

Birthday blues

Lanie gave birth yesterday to her second child, Zach. So, naturally, those of us who are available, trooped to the UST Hospital to make uzi. Zach, is of course, a beautiful baby! Big brother Zoie was singing "sunshine, you are my sunshine/You make me happy when skies are gray..." while we were viewing Zach. Made us go "ayyy, ang sweet naman ni Zoie."

Made me think of the "cloudy" future. Well, am still in doubt whether I want to get married, but I'm pretty sure I want to have kids-natural or adopted. Jing is pretty much against adoption, but Weng and I are for it. Quite natural for Weng, she's a pediatrician. I told them marriage is not a guarantee for companionship, since companionship just sums up the reason why I wanna get married anyway. However, I stressed that even if I don't achieve Marital Bliss, I would, at least, like to experience The One Great Passion. You know, the stuff cheesy, corny, tear-jerker movies are made of. Think Wuthering Heights, A Moment to Remember, and Jude Deveraux novels.

It must be because in a week's time, I'll be turning a year older and not in the least bit in a hurry to exit Singledom. Wedding bells aren't ringing yet, to the disappointment of my family, relatives and friends.

2 comments:

The Accidental Reviewer said...

uy birthday-girl-to-be. too early to be having the birthday blues. :)

ah... the one great passion. often written about, fantasized and dreamed of. rarely does it happen though. at least in the fast paced, high-stress world we live in.

WINTERFIRE said...

Sunshine..i'm keeping my fingers crossed.xXXXx xXXXx. i have my birthday blues early...gusto ko nga, one month in advance, para truly mega celebration!