Monday, December 12, 2005

Another Year Older

Birthday's been and gone, and I'm a year older, wiser and prettier (ha ha ha!) So much for birthday celebrations, the birthday entourage consisted of5 people and 2 dogs and 2 cats. Since I didn't want a party, I asked my mom if we could go and hear Holy Mass in the morning at an Immaculate Conception church. First choice was Project 8, but I went there two years ago. Last year, we visited IC in Malabon. So for this year, we went to IC in Tondo, but we got there a tad late and the next mass would be at 7 pm. So off we went to Tutuban. Moolah or none, there was still a shopping list to complete.

Anyway, spent the better part of the afternoon dozing around the house. Ordered for a big big 18" Yellow Cab pizza with the works, two side orders of chicken and sodas...Mom bought me a big Red Ribbon Black Forest cake and we had ourselves a grand dinner! Simpleng tao lang naman ako...masaya na ako dun! Yum.

The day was also spent answering birthday greetings. My cellphone got dizzy. However, of all the people who would miss greeting me...guess???!!! MSG. Hay naku. He did send me an SMS, but just an ordinary forwarded stuff. I finally texted him "Di mo ba ko babatiin? Birthday ko ngayon." Can just imagine how red he turned. Hahaha. Bad ko.

So, the next day, dun na ako naghanda for my officemates...I was still on official leave, but since we had classes in the evening, sabay reporting pa ng group namin with special guests from CHED...sinabay ko na. We had a Seaside party (shrimps, squid, fish, green mangoes and liempo) Yum. Sana laging ganito ang buhay...yun lang, magastos.

Up to now, I can't believe I'm this old. Golly, parang ancient! Nung prep ako, feeling ko, pag High school ka na, old ka na. Pag college mo, sobrang mature ka na. Pag nag wo-work ka na, pede ka na mag-asawa. Had I met Me then, I'd consider myself ancient. I therefore conclude, age is respective...it depends on where you're standing.

No comments: