Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Shopping

For me, the shopping is the fun part. Looking at different things, comparing...wanting.

I know I can get it if I want to, and I can have it if I truly want it enough. Once it is in my grasp, the excitement is gone and the item loses its appeal.

The various things discarded in my room...shoes hardly worn - bought because they were cute; trendy clothes too warm for the weather - bought because I wanted to make a statement; assorted kikay stuff that is soooo not me - bought when I was trying to change my image (ha!), a laptop i hardly ever use, posters, stickers, stationeries - all crammed forgotten inside a drawer. They were all once treasures...when they were at the store, yes.

The pleasure is in the acquiring, as they say.

And it goes the same for my lovelife.

How many times has it happened? Just when "it" is there, insecurities, self-doubts and a truckload of wrong ideals beffudles my brain and I run scared.

No comments: