Friday, August 26, 2005

Relief

I am at least a little relieved to hear that our choir's mini concert would be moved to mid-September, just in time for our former Governor to attend. I had been a bit disappointed that some (most!) of the choir members are not as dedicated to this major project as they should. We have yet to practice as a complete group. So far, every practice, the choreography and blocking would have changes to accommodate the "new comers" who weren't able to attend the previous practice. Time is constantly wasted waiting for people to show up. Already, I am wondering if passion is a thing long forgotten. I thought at least, as artists, we would have passion, a zest, a drive for perfection.

So now, I am relieved that we still have more time to get our act together. I still have time to buy shoes...and make-up (yikes!).

What I worry about is the Saturday rehearsals. If the concert will be in September, there would be Saturday practices and I have classes staring September...that is, if our group will finally decide to enroll.

This is why my planner is empty despite all my activities...i write my schedule in pencil and erase them and just let all plans fly out the window. As it goes with Nike...Just Do It.

No comments: