Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Dreams

I didn't have a restless night, so I'm quite surprised that I had slightly bad dreams. "Slightly" because the first was a warning, the in second it wasn't happening to me, and in the third, I didn't finish the dream.

The first dream would have been a nice dream. Louise, my Korean friend, was in my room, sticking some A4-size paper on the wall. In my dream I was napping, and woke up to find her there. I wasn't even surprised that she was in my room (of all places!) and not in Korea, where she is now. I asked her what she was doing and she told me to just go back to sleep. When I woke up next, a friend (faceless) was asking me who put up those papers. They were like notes for me to take care because my life could be in danger. I told the faceless friend that my Korean friend had been there.

Skip to next dream. I was watching a Korean (again!) film. Three women were the characters of the movie. They were leaving a place and just when the last of the women were to escape, boom! She stepped on something and it blew up! One guy was there and he kept saying "I'm sorry, I didn't know."...

The third dream, I was dining in a fancy restaurant with some friends (again, nameless) and (maybe I was feeling dreadful) I stepped out of the restaurant. Just when I did, I brushed shoulders with several guys who looked like crooks. Feeling suspicious, I ran to the next shop (a coffee house) and told them to hide my bag because the restaurant next door was being robbed. I was even surprised that they allowed me to hide my bag there, when in ordinary circumstances, this isn't allowed. I was going to run back to the restaurant, for what purpose, God only knows.

Then I woke up. All these were in a span of a 5-hour sleep.

It must be my pre-occupation with Korean dramas are catching up on me. Maybe I should heed the warnings in my dream and not go out for a while, but I've always believed that you can be safe at home and danger would still strike. Maybe it portends of things, bad things, to come in my slightly-becoming-interesting lovelife. Maybe dreams are just dream and I am no Joseph to be interpreting them.

Maybe.

No comments: