Monday, August 22, 2005

Lovelife 101

I caught a glimpse of him from across the room. Not bad looking. Tall. Looks decent enough. Of course, a mere glance can't tell a lot about a person, but as I have been advised, why not give it a try.

Yeah why not?

My friend asked me if she could give him my number as he had been asking about me. Okay. Though I am having second and third thoughts already. He seemed a bit young and shy. My friend said he's two years younger. Okay. Fair game. But if he's shy and naive, I might have to a little more gentler with him. And a lot more nicer.

I've been long absent in the dating scheme (ha, fortunately, you have to be Madam Auring or Kris Aquino to get expelled!), and my lamentable social skills explains why I am not in such a rush to achieve Marital Bliss. I don't exactly miss having to wait for a phone call which would later turn to a squabble (that or falling asleep while he's yakking), or the I-am-here-where-are-you-we-don't see-each-other-anymore thing. Singledom might actually be the way to go for someone who thinks Girl Power is the answer to the world's pressing problems.

This is getting too much for a prologue. I'm not counting the chickens unless I actually get to see Mother Hen.



2 comments:

The Accidental Reviewer said...

hmmm... interesting.... aabangan ko ang susunod na kabanata :)

eventuallypretty said...

haha dhing, magnet ka din pala ng mga 'bagets'... welcome to the club!