Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cramming cramming chatting

I must be crazy, or else hopelessly addicted..

What am I doing chatting up the night when I have to study for an exam? My lame excuse is that I'm online anyway, and squeezing google dry takes such a lot of time.

So okay. There are interesting men I've met via the much TEC-talked about Faceparty (unabashed advertising). However, I'm still very wary with the details I give and the flattery I receive. Hahaha. I wonder how come Filipino men don't look at Filipina women the same way...

Oh, I forgot to mention, except for one Filipino DI in Brunei, most of my chatmates are foreigners. A Brit, a Swiss and of course, the German scholar Jed and I met in Korea last year.
In fairness, I limit my internet usage at home to between 2 to 3 hours. After that, I become a boring conversationalist.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. I've often thought chatting with them would be such fun, and there'll be lots of stuff to talk about. Execpt for the Brit and the German, the rest are all duh.

In contrast to the experiences of my two TEC sisters, my chat life is uneventful. I'm not expecting much from it, given how boring and prudish I can be (let's not talk about S E X baby..hahaha), and the varying time zones this planet has. The borderless concept of globalization still hasn't solved the issue on time lags. I jokingly referred to them as guy from the past and guy from the future. The Brit, though, swore he found me so cute being a goody-two-shoes, and appreciates my sense of humor. However, I would rather up to be perceived as a tigress than a hamster, if you get the analogy.

The bright side here is, as I've very clearly stated "no perverts please" in my profile, I rarely get indecent proposals and sex-starved maniacs on my buddy list. There are, however, the really really dense (and thick-faced) ones, and I had to block them in my YM. One word of advise: NO to Middle-Eastern and African men.

Anyway, it's two days to go before the Sunday exams. Some of our classmates have requested a deferment of the exam owing to the limited time to study. But I'd rather get it over with, so I can get it out of my system and never have to think about it again.

The Brit asked me this morning what my plans are after the exams. It got me thinking, heck, my life's so on-hold I don't even have plans for Monday. Maybe with exams out of the way I can devote some time learning the ropes of chatting.

As Jopen said..."Go for gold"

No comments: