Friday, March 03, 2006

Dahil matagal na di nakapag blog...

Since my blogging has been reduced to a weekly task..hmm, what have I been up to these past few days?

February 24 - served during LSS Batch 33. Was able to join the rest of the dancers in a new choreo of I Love to be in Your Presence. Missed dancing.

February 25 - No classes. Now, this was a big issue on Friday, since the "class consensus" about cancelling class didn't actually happen. I got pretty irked at some not so nice classmates who couldn't bring themselves to admit that they are not ready for their class reports that's why they wanted to cancel class - gamitin pang excuse ang P1017. Hmmmppphhh! Anyway, this gave me an opportunity to serve Saturday at the LSS. Wala naman ginawa, actually, since I had already begged off previously. So I sat lazy the whole day, except after lunch, when some of us had to lead in the action songs.

February 26 - VERY MEMORABLE DAY??? hmmm. LSS was LSS. Randy, Iyos, Paul and I agreed to watch Close to You (in support of Paul who is Sam Milby-lbil in real life). Randy invited everyone he could, and yes, even Mr. Shy Guy. Made a bet with Uncle Randy that MSG would not dare go, but surprisingly, after a lot of persuation from Randy, he did tagged along. Con and Marc and Paul's sis, Camille tagged along, too. Can't remember much what else happened, but MSG and I were the center of the ribbings...of course. Inside the theatre, I made it a point to sit in a neutral place...nearest the aisle, beside Iyos. Haha.

Randy insisted MSG would accompany me home, but I just shrugged it off. He lives the opposite way and probably doesn't have enough money for fare (masyado na ba akong matapobre???) But well, since none of my predictions for that day was accurate, when I boarded a jeep, he jumped in as well.

If you're going to ask what we talked about...the following pretty much sums it up:

Me: Wag mo na akong ihatid...wag ka magpabuyo sa kanila.
MSG:
Me: Ano?
MSG:
Me: Takot ka ba sa amin? Makukulet lang kami? Di ka kasi nagsasalita...
MSG:
Me: Ano???

The whole trip was an echo of Ano? If ever he spoke, I couldn't hear him above the din of street, human and vehicle noise. After a while, we just sat there in silence. When we got off at Welcome, I told him I could take care f myself from there...He backed off and I merrily hopped in another jeep.

If I had hoped that my natural "antipatika", loud and snobbish ways would turn him off, was I in for a surprise! The next day (and to this day) he professes to really admire me...that I am the most beautiful woman he has ever met (well, I couldn't agree more...hahaha!)...that he wish we could go out, just the two of us, that he doesn't expect anything since he knows we're worlds apart. He has asked for my land line, but I pretended not to have received the text. I replied to one of his SMS: A friend is a treasure. Gud PM.

His take on it? So hanggang friends na lang tayo??? Blah blah, but that he'll continue to treasure me blah blah.

While it gives me a warm feeling to be admired, I really feel guilty that I cannot even treat him as a good friend. Knowing that he has feelings for me makes it a little awkward for me to be around him. Uncle has been insisting I date the poor lad, if only out of respect for his feelings. Uncle has also suggested I give my landline and let the guy court me at home, meet my parents and all. He even has the entire story scripted...o di ba? Just to end with "break it to him gently"...

THERE IS NO BREAKING IT GENTLY. Broken is broken, there is no gentle way of doing it.

What I can do is be nice to him. There is no harm in what he's doing, and though I feel slightly guilty that I might be leading him on, I sometimes try to be friendly. I've been in his shoes...and I never want to be in it again.

No comments: