Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sad Goodbyes

Randy is leaving today for the US. We won't be seeing each other for a long long long time. *sob sob sob*. I'm happy for him, because this is dream come true for him. But he surely is a loss to our community. His passion for service, his dedication and his "elderly" advice would surely be missed.

Saying goodbyes are not my forte. It's funny. Even in my youth, when dad was working abroad, my sisters would be crying a river at the airport, saying goodbye to dad. While I had this funny feeling in my tummy, wondering why they were crying so when it's just a temporary goodbye and we'll be seeing each other again. I'd often ask myself if my heart is made of tougher material than stone since I feel numb during partings. It's like some part of me rejects the idea of sad goodbyes...I am more easily moved to tears when play-acting in front of a mirror than saying goodbye in person.

Or perhaps, that's just self-defense kicking in. Mebbe.

So farewell, my friend. It's a cliche to say, but I'll truly miss you. I thank you for the friendship, even if at times we hurt each other. I'll miss your sermons, yes kahit na nakakatulugan ko yan sa phone.

If there are goodbyes, there are hellos. One good smile to start the day. =) Can't tell much about it yet, baka maudlot.

No comments: