Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thank You

I would have posted this last week, but I had too much mole-hills to climb....so...

I love my mom and my dad, and they love me, too. I have two adorable (even if sometimes, pasaway) sisters and a great brother in law. I have this family, though I've often been too busy and selfish to give them attention, we are still One Family. My parents love each other, through sickness and pain. And they understand us...Joblessness and messy lovelives, and all that.

I have wonderful friends, in and out of the office. Bosses that are always ready to hear my woes, and give advice as needed. Colleagues whose shoulders are ready for me. A circle of friends and confidantes, rather than a people to have lunch with.

I have generous and understanding friends who provide me with insights and cheer. Nevermind that the only thing we once had in common was F4. Never mind that we can only communicate via Internet, and see each other once in a blue moon. Now, our friendship transcends our fanaticism.

I have a shy admirer, who, even if I've rejected so many times, still tries his best to please me and tell me what a wonderful person I am.

And I have my God, who, although I've relegated Him to Church, is always giving me ANOTHER chance. I have His mother, interceding for me. I have the whole Heaven as my support group.

I may not have often felt grateful, but now, I want to thank them. To acknowledge that though it might look like my world is falling apart, these family and friends are my strength.

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf Heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featur'd like him, like him with friends possess'd,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least:
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee,--and then my state
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven's gate;
For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings'.
---Thanks Will!

No comments: