Saturday, March 18, 2006

Ang Restbak ni Flame (Flame's Vengeance!)

The game has taken on a new turn. I'm still unsure of what the other side is up to, but the game is officially on, and the battlefield is open. Pre-game exercises has proven both parties can handle the strain, and both are seemily willing to take risks...There are no rules, just that you take as much as you give and give as good as you get.

The ball in now on my field. Just because the Flame seems inviting doesn't mean one can play with it. No one plays with fire and come out unscathed. Now it's time to call on the forces...Justice League again? Nope. Just me and my uncanny sense of sweet revenge.

Nope, he hasn't done me anything wrong - yet. But I think he's not what he seems, and my natural self wishes to play a bit.

I discovered last night that this has happened so many times before...whenever I feel that my precious heart is threatened, or on the brink of falling when I am still unsure. The easiest way to get out of it is to take your emotions and your heart out of the ring, safe and sound, away from danger. If you lose, you walk away with just a little of your pride torn, but none the worse for wear. If you win, there isn't much to it, anyway.

I don't want to feel guilty (although writing this, I'm beginning to get bothered). He seems sincere enough, but recent turn of events and a conversation with a mutual friend has put to light some questionable areas. Nobody can say if he's lying or playing, but for sure he's not putting all his cards on the table, when mine were laid out beforehand. Now, it's my turn to call the bluff. There's no conclusion to be made, just more questions to bother me. But surprisingly, as I decided on my next course of action, I slept well last night.

I do feel guilty about MSG, though, and that's why I refuse to even consider him a worthy opponent. He's as transparent as a clear window, and as vulnerable as my old self. He's just about one of the few people who trusted me with their feelings despite my cold, heartless ways.

So now, what to do? If the *signs* are given, then it's all go.

1 comment:

WINTERFIRE said...

well, yes, there are updates...but it doesn't change my mind one bit about the playing part...it's easier.