Monday, January 15, 2007

You

I've always thought of you as a friend...so why did it hurt when I learned about her? Somewhere at the back of my mind, there must have been thoughts of you, ideas of us...a wish, a hope, a dream.

Too long the strip of road we've walked together, but never, now I remember, holding hands. I chose to maintain distance, even as I longed for warmth, because I thought it was but appropriate.

Too many the memories we've shared...but only mine, I guess, not yours. I kept them, close to my heart, even now I realize you've discarded them to a distant past.

So why now this reminiscing? Nothing but all the hypotheses in the world. I cannot cry, I cannot shout, I cannot complain. I should be happy for you, for her, for ME. But somewhere, lost in this forest of emotions, I wander.

No comments: