Friday, January 12, 2007

Don't Let Friendship Turn to Hate

I hate what I had to resort to...

Hiding like a criminal being chased by the law

Taking a chance on another route

Just to avoid being with him

This is not good. So totally unlike me. I hate pretensions. I hate lying. And most of all, I hate having to hurt anyone's feelings. But I have to, if only to shake myself loose from his imagination. I have to, if only to free him from his fantasies. It is not me he loves. It is his idea of me.

Just like how the others have fallen. Not for me, but for what I seem to be. They don't know me. How could they, when the most I have with them are empty conversations that's not even a breadth of my thoughts? How could they when they don't even see me, what I am, what I could be, but only a reflection of their ideal girl. It's all just the icing. Underneath, I am a far cry from their guardian angel they want me to be. I'm a woman, a warrior, not some defenseless babe waiting for a knight to sweep her off her feet. And I'm more than just my laughter, the bubble world I live in.

I could be inviting, but I'm not always all warmth.

I'm not fire for nothing.

2 comments:

Emmie said...

so nice words to share your feelings...i really liked your post.... i would surely like to visit your site again....!!!

WINTERFIRE said...

thank you, for visiting, reading and appreciating my post.