Sunday, January 28, 2007

A little nostalgia

I stopped at my tracks....Life has been going too fast for me to catch up. And I wonder, where did all my time go?

I'm too young for mid-life crisis and too old for teenage depression. So where am I exactly?

Haha. I'm not blue and suicidal, mind you. That is sooo highschool-ish. Speaking og high school, Theresians had a grand homecoming last night. Lanie, Jing, Abi and Ces opted to go, while Tina, Siena and I decided to hang out with each other instead. I had better things to do than look for old classmates that won't even recognize me...or if they did, won't talk to me at all. I enjoyed high school, honestly, but only because it was my time of blossoming. I cared nothing for other people save for my small circle of friends...

But now that it's been more than 1o years...the memories are lost with age. I've moved on, am not anymore the awkward poet with the curly hair.

I've had many realizations, and revelations:

1. Not all feelings are the same, they don't belong to categories, they vary in levels and strength.

2. Feeling for someone my own sex doesn't make me a lesbian.

3. We are all needy when we are young. Some of us grow to become mothers, some to become lovers. And some remain needy children.

4. We don't have any way of knowing how we'll turn out to be ten years from now. No matter what cards life deals us, it's still gut feel how we'll play it.

5. The best gift of school is not the education. You can seriously get by without learning at all. But the best gift is the gift of friends.

6. I still am a sentimental fool. =)

No comments: