Thursday, January 25, 2007

Crossroads

My nerves were a bit over-wrought yesterday. But I think, soon I'm gonna be fine.
Time has decided I hava moved on and now free of THAT emotional bondage. However, yesterday's jitters made me doubt if I really had put all the past behind.

There I was, composing odd lines on the ride home. I was humming melodies from old songs. And the odd, yet familiar stirrings of emotion were there. I had thought poetry, my poetry, had died the day we hang up the phone. From then on, the only thoughts on my paper were meaningless phrases of an emotinal blackout.

But the expected chimes did not ring. There was no more magic, no more fluttering in my heart. And for a while I had felt empty. It had filled me for so many years, and now, I suddenly discovered it was gone. The memories remain just images in my mind, sans the sounds and colors that had chained me for so long.

I am free.

My words ring true, to my ears this time...When Time has decided you have disposed of the burden of yesterday, Fate will allow you to cross paths once again.

No comments: