Sunday, January 14, 2007

Men = Self-Esteem???

A friend remarked last week, upon hearing of the surprising developments in my usually uneventful lovelife...

"Four men! It must uplift your self-esteem..."

No, friend. It does not. No man, one man or four will affect my self-esteem...well, not overly. It is quite flattering, of course, to have men seemingly under your spell, until you come to realize how superficial your relationships are with them. How fragile their concept of you is. And that you know almost nil about them. Trust a guy to equate self-esteem with the number of men knocking on your door. If they were all Brad Pitt look-a-like, hmmm, my self-esteem might eventually get a lift. As for now...

Lately, my faceparty account has been buzzing with messages. It seems that Lady Love really has decided it's time to pay some attention on me. However, She's having quite the time of her life sending me the wrong men. No, I'm not interested in 50 something men with their own firms, divorced with two grown up kids almost my age. No, I don't appreciate you describing how you'll adore me. And no, I don't like perverts, thank you very much.

The only sensible letters I've received were a handful. And thank you all for complimenting my eyes. I spend a great deal of time trying to keep them wide open while reading your mails.

Anyways, I'm not about to complain, though I keep repeating the same old line...I seem to be a "dukha" and "dugyot" magnet. Maybe I look like Moses, who will lead the slaves to the land of milk and honey. Fat chance.

2 comments:

eventuallypretty said...

marami kang utang na kwento about your faceparty acct. hahahaha...

WINTERFIRE said...

hay naku pat. the only sane na kausap is from Nigeria...the others are just out for some cheap thrill. gusto lang nila ang katawan ko. hahaha, jowk