Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pinoy Dream Academy

Nothing to blog about.

I recently survived a nasty bout of cough, colds, and sore throat. Two days after recovering, I am down again with colds. My nose is so stuffed up I sound like Fran Dreischer (The Nanny).

Anyways. Finally was able to watch The Prestige last night. Loving Hugh Jackman as I do, I went home broken-hearted because he died in the end. I sympathized with his character and totally hated Christian Bale. So, even if it's just a movie, I'm screaming "It's so darn unfair!"...

BTW, now that Mich is out of PDA, I don't have much reason to watch PDA anymore. Well, I like Irish, and Ronnie and Yvan. But I figured Mich gives the show some eye candy. What I most like about the girl is her simplicity and her quiet dignity. That even if Ronnie's declaring his admiration, she doesn't act like a love-starved woman on a man-hunt, unlike two of her academates. She might be lacking in vocal prowess (she's an alto, for God's sake, don't let her scream her lungs out trying to reach high notes! Singing isn't just about who has the vocal chords like Mariah Carey!). I think that the judges are unfair in that aspect.

What also became irritating was that Chai got voted out while Rosita, ever the dark horse, was saved by the Teachers despite off-tune singing. Furthermore, she was out of the lowest four, while Irish, who did better despite being ill, landed on the bottom four, along with Mich, Davey and JayR. I've nothing against Rosita, and I'll be the first to admit that the girl is very entertaining, there's no boring moment with her around, but I don't agree with what Jim Paredes said, she internalized what the teachers have taught her, blah blah. I thought they were going to save Chai, being the number 1 in the midterm exams. But Rosita? Wasn't that Moi sighing in exasperation as Rosita failed to properly record her song? I'm not even going to remind who was the lowest scorer on the exams. I think PDA is slowly becoming too masa-protective. Perhaps, they should rename the contest Search for the Next Nora Aunor or something.

I've nothing against Yeng (well, aside from the fact that she's ugaling kalye and painosenteng malandi - Iyos said she's natural, and normal for an 18ner, I asked her, were you like that at 18? and she couldn't answer), she's talented, but what's with the big eyes when she sang You Oughta Know? For Pete's sake, it's not a horror show. Plus she reminds me a lot of Sheryn Regis and I absolutely abhor that girl.

Lastly, like Liezle, I like Ronnie. The guy is a looker. Plus he's a real nice guy when it comes to Mich. I do like screen romances, even if it's not real. At least the pair isn't as syrupy as Iya and JayR or Yeng and RJ.

I'm venting it out here coz PDA site (unofficial version) has been down for two days now.

No comments: