Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yamashita Getting Her Driver's License

Tomorrow, I'm taking a day off to get my non-pro driver's license. Big deal, huh? Yeah. It kinda is. It doesn't help that I've been dreaming at night that I'm such a pro driver and I can execute a perfect U-turn on a narrow street. Plus, the few times I tried driving/backing my dad's car was a disaster. Swell, I still don't know which is correct: Clutch first before Break (as per Instructor #1) or Break first before Clutch (for gears higher than 1st, as per Instructor #2). For sure, it is quite obvious that Instructor #1 is a clutch driver and I may have developed the same habit (God forbid!). I'm nervous about the practical driving exam tomorrow.

After getting my license, I'm going to Eone's first month celebration. This deveoted tita-ninang just bought her prized godchild a stroller...and it might as well be my last credi card purchase for this billing period. ^^

Oh, and I did try getting my Japanese name via a link in Cherry's website (http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/)...So my Japanese name is (don't hold your breath now)...

Yamashita Itoe. Yamashita is suppose to mean "under the mountain" and Itoe is "bless with love". Get over it, wiseass. I'm not taking this seriously. If I did, I'd start asking my grandparents where they hid the golden buddah.

No comments: