Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Stairs Escapade

Sprained my right ankle last night because of my cell phone. Actually, I fell off a couple of steps as I was hopping and running my way down the stairs because I forgot my cellphone at the office and I was hoping the room is not yet locked. I was getting ready for gym session at the roofdeck and discovered I'd left my phone while charging the battery. Bad trip as I tripped when I missed a couple of steps at the fifth floor. I figured if I can still walk (even if I had to limp) it's not that bad. It was just a teensy bitsy painful when I put weight on it, so I managed to check our room at the 4th floor, discover it was locked, take two flights of stairs back to the roofdeck (6th floor) to get my ID, down again to 4th, take the elevator to ground floor, get the keys from security, elevator up to 4th and to the office, down to ground floor to return the keys, elevator up to 4th again, then two flights of stairs to the roofdeck. Whooo! Made it thus far, so I concluded I might as well continue with my cardio (Fit-Stride machine) and Abs/Muscle Toning. So far, so good.

But when I got home and rested my foot, it was swelling already. Nothing major, so I took an ice pack to it and imagined all sorts of scenarios if ever I have to go to Orthopedic Hosp. I was doing fine until my sister sat by my foot, move it, and managed to inflict additional injury. So now, I hob and limp around the office. And since I am hyperactive and can't sit still for long, it's quite an effort to try to be pacified for once.

It's actually not my first time to fall off the stairs here at BSP. The first time, I rolled down some steps right infront of the security guard. I was so embarrassed that I covered my face and rejected any offer to get me to the clinic. Just as I've begun to think I've gained some grace and poise, here comes this. Sigh.

2 comments:

xoxiRiSH_29xox said...

o ayan na ang iyong pinakahihintay!!!, may nangyari na ding "adventure" sau....hehehe.... XD ansaya....

The Accidental Reviewer said...

at nagwork-out pagkatapos ma-injure :P