Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Convoluted

My world went a-spinning last Monday night...and all because a man lost his marbles with a few bottles of beer.

I can't name names. But the gist of the story is:

Man # 1 (M1) went on vacation with GF, ended up fighting with her, and got thrown out of the room, without moolah. M1 called me for advice and whatever, cried his alcohol-soaked heart out, and pleaded for help.

My Boylet #1 (B1) texted, he has a headache. I asked him to rest and told him I'm trying to help out a friend, thinking B1 would be at least complacent. Boylet #2 also sent texts and I sent the same request.

B1 asked who the miserable soul was and got mad as hell on the loose when he learned it's M1. Previously, B1 thought I am flirting/dating M1. B1 thought M1 is just playing possum to get my sympathy, a well-known, oft-used ploy. We got into an argument, with me stressing that I am doing what I, as a Christian, am supposed to do. And stressed further that a few weeks back, when he, B1 was in the dumps, friends had thought he was playing games with me, but I ignored them and trusted him. B1 got as far as accusing me of being in love with M1, and that hurt the most.

Finally calming down, B1 realized how similar he and M1 were, and offered to help. But after a while, M1 got quiet and I began to realize how B1 could be right.

On the sideline, B2 said sorry for interfering, and thought that the reason B1 is mad at me is because of him (B2). He said he will give way for B1. I told him I can't handle all these for now...

I called M1 and lo! His GF answered and askd me if there was anything going on between me and her bf. Wha is this? A conspiracy? Is there a hidden camera somewhere? Am I in Big Brother's house?

I told GF that, no, there's nothing between me and M1. After some discussion, I accused her of "ruining" whatever chance there is between me and B1. She apologized and I ask her to call and explain to B1 that I wasn't a victim of a prank by M1. She complied and I felt relieved. After a few minutes, GF called again and we talked like old friends...see how fate can be so twisted?

I felt bad about the whole thing...whether to forgive M1 or listen to his side first. I felt duped, and apologized to B1 about the whole mess. He said it was okay and not to cry and worry about it anymore.

I had thought the story would end there...

No comments: