Monday, June 12, 2006

Blah Blah Yak Yak

It's a long weekend before the school year 2006-07 officially starts.

Because today, 12 June, is Philippine Independence Day. Yes, believe it or not, we actually celebrate it, not that it means anything at all - we're still pretty darn hooked up with addictive Hollywood and our Caucasian idols. We still think fellow Filipinos are indios and not worth as much as our fairer conquistadors.

Anyway, since it's Independence Day...let's see how I can personalize it...

I've finally knocked some sense into me. I'm fairly grounded and don't give a fig about what people might say, but I found I have too much self-love to just wait around for something I don't really need at all, but just fancies at the moment. Well, actually, the moment just passed and so now, hmmm...next flavor please. So now, Ms. Independent me can be anything at all, anytime, without worrying that I don't know anything about the topic at hand.

I've also finally decided to keep committed to the dancing ministry. I don't know why, but however much it demands of me, inspite of the hurts and disappointments I get because of it, I can't seem to give it up. Dancing is my first love, and there's joy in the knowledge that I just don't dance for the heck of it. I dance to worship, and I worship by dance. Other people think of it as corny and foolish, but if they see our moves now, they might be tempted to join.

It brings to mind the Pentecost 2006 event. Pride is a sin, but I can't help it, our dancers were so blessed. Even though hours before the event started, we were so harrassed and demoralized (and I was crying like a baby, wanting to wipe my nose on Elmer's shirt because, darn, the guys didn't offer any hanky at all - where's a gentleman when you need him?) because of some techinical problems, I am so happy that people were imitating us. They took pictures of us and thanked us for dancing. We may not have been as "precise" and as synchronized as the other community's dancers were (think synchronized swimming) but we were equally anointed and more blessed. we were not on stage like the hunky-macho-gwapito-pint-size-all-male dancers but the people were looking at us, watching us, smiling at us.

Anyway, no pictures yet...as if I can post them here...blog seems to be having a tech glitz these days...so just check my flickr account for picture updates....

No comments: