Monday, September 18, 2006

Must Love (Not Eat) Dogs

I received a text message from MSG that they are currently skinning a dog for "pulutan". Ewwww. What the..???

You're out. Definitely, immediately, no-second-thoughts, not-even-friends out.

Hey, to each his own right? I mean, people have the right to eat whatever (even garbage) they want...but I love dogs. I don't think I can stomach people who'd kill one just to have pulutan. Maybe if the world is starving and there's nothing left to eat, I'd understand. But pulutan?

And he was so merry about it. Duh. When I was a kid, I once had a puppy named Lucky. I woke up one morning to find out that our neighbors (kins of my dad) had cooked Lucky...and even had the temerity to give me some. I must have cried for a week...and cursed those fellows to eternity.

So I'm adding this in my "ideal guy" list of attributes: No dog/cat/rat eating please. I can bear goats and camels. Yes, maybe even a horse. I can occassionally stomack palakang bukid (frogs) and snake. But pets as food? No way, highway!

No comments: