Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Idiot's Guide to Well-being

Tanga ba ako? (Am I stupid?) I think I like being stupid too much, that time and time again, I manage to act like one. Never mind that the object of my so-called-affection (hmm, define it please!) doesn't even seem to care about me at all, but I have to expect some sort of TLC still.

Ms. Mel said that sometimes, the guys want some signs from the girl. If smiling at him a lot doesn't constitute positive signs, I might have to reconsider "harana" soon. It's still a long way to go, anyhow, since I'm not particularly sure of my feelings yet...I think I only recently realized I like him when he began dismissing me. Or maybe that's just the eternal human trait of wanting something one cannot have...

Back to the forefront of being an idiot, certain remedies need to be taken. Idiocy is a mental illness and of course, sometimes, natural tendencies are hard to battle ( read: Obsessive-Compulsive, Manic-Depressive, Anorexia). So I am coming up with my therapy:

1. Stop looking (at the object). Out of sight, out of mind.
2. Keep distance - to avoid collision just in case the object in pursuit suddenly breaks.
3. Keep within the legal speed limit.
4. Avoid school/church zones.
5. Keep intersections open.
6. No left turn.
7. Turn right with care.
8. No hitch-hiking.
9. Appreciate humps. They are good for you.
10. The scenery might look too green and inviting, but you have a destination, too. It's okay to admire, but keep focused on the road ahead.

You kow it's home when you get there. An open, vacant lot, however green the meadow and inviting the springs, can never replace the warmth of a couch and a kitchen.. Home is where your heart is.

No comments: