Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Not But

Sometimes it's

Not setting free but pushing away
Not Selflessness but insecurity
Not a promise but an attempt
Not love but need

And if we could just be honest with ourselves and with each other, we'd know what to do. It's been long in the making now, and maybe it's time to finally pick the card. We both know what it is. It's the only option there is. It's called goodbye.

What happened last night?

I dont want to talk about it anymore. I slept badly, angry at you and thumping my head for being such a fool; and I woke up remembering the anger still, which followed me in my dream. Even if you said it out of love, or tenderness, or selflessness, whatever its purpose was, you still cut me. So maybe instead of asking you why, I should have just said Hurrah and introduced you to your fears.

No comments: