Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Please text me

One thing I love about my K800i is the unlimited Message Inbox capacity. I had to say goodbye to my old K700i because after two years, it got a bug wherein Inbox capacity was reduced from 90+ to 50 to 15. I had to reset it every month, or as needed, just so I can save more messages, that I won't eventually be able to salvage when resetting time comes.

And so, I hoard every cute, funny and forward-worthy SMS I receive. Even SMS from MFXD. And even nonsense, hi-how-are-you text messages from boylets...Every now and then, I'd enroll in UNLIMTX, scroll down my Inbox and forward like crazy so I can delete the SMS (which has served it purpose by then).

Lately, there must have been about over a hundred SMS in my Inbox. I'd delete and delete, but some UNLI maniac would just fill it up again, and I've been very lazy lately to go pay if forward. I contemplated on deleting a lot of the old stuff, and with eyes shut, managed to erase some "memorable, *kilig*-inducing" messages. I hovered constantly between Delete Message "Yes" and "No".

Last night, Fate decided I must be decisive. Let go.

It a fit of sleepiness, while watching Pinoy soaps and trying to stay in semi-concsiousness, I scanned through my messages, forwarding stuff to old friends. I decided to empty my Sent Items, had second thoughts when my clumsy fingers seem to miss keys.

And behold. I didn't realize until an hour ago, that I deleted my INBOX. Yes, my beloved treasure chest of messages from friends old and new. Cheesy, cliche and mushy ideals translated to almost unreadable texts. Jokes on marital bliss (that kept me ever evasive of it), courtship, love and life in general. And the text messages informing me of my last prepaid credit loading, my Olay notice, etc. etc. etc. It was like losing a diary...

So now, my Inbox holds a scant five messages. I checked and found my Sent Items brimming with twenty. Huhuhu. Only pride is stopping me from texting my friends..."Please text me!". Ha! Ha! Ha!

Please text me.

No comments: