Thursday, December 14, 2006

Repeat Performance

I have a "repeater" last night.

And to think I've begun to breathe easier, having rebuffed the last one with finality. Though he has again sent cutesy messages, at least, there are no more personal questions and I know he has accepted my decision.

Then here comes The Repeater. Asking me if he could go to our house. I knew it the moment he asked for directions to my place that this is going to be "The Declaration, Part II". When he did eventually asked if "Pwede ka na bang ligawan?" my mind was screaming and it took a lot of willpower not to reply "Bakit, ano ba ako, trese anos?" I told him that I am not in the market for relationships now (a blatant lie) and would rather we remain frineds. He said "Pangalawa ko na ito, diba?" and I felt the faint stirrings of pity in my heart.

This is actually the second time in one week that I have rebuffed an admirer. When it rains, it pours, yes. But during summer, it's as arid as Mars.

No comments: