Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Faith. Hope. Love. Family. Friends.

Good news: There is hope yet!

For the past couple of days, I've been walking in a trance. Crying. Working. Eating. Running and working myself out to exhaustion. I wanted my body to be so tired that my mind cannot do anything but to accede to it's wish to just retire for the night and think the next day.

But last Saturday, the dreaded trip to the oncologist turned to be a merry one. Not only was the whole Tabamo clan came to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday, but there was good news from the doctor.

The lung cancer diagnosis was challenged, and dad would have to undergo more test. But the bottom-line is that whatever it is, the disease is curable.

Of course, it is still at the back of my mind that dad is still in pain. That it could still be another form of cancer. That in the long run, my parents are growing old and would eventually...That now, I would have to take on more responsibilities..like taking care of myself. Paying more bills. Checking out if my sisters are still okay. Letting my mom know she could concentrate on dad and I'll take care of the rest.

I'm being pushed to maturity...and it's long overdue. I've been acting like a teener all my adult life. Nothing to worry about but myself. My travel dreams. My career path. My lovelife. My financial goals. And I'd run to mommy when everything's in shambles. Now, in a few days' time, my real age is dawning on me. ^^ Except I still look like a teener. (This is my blog, you can get out anytime you want! hehehe.)

And one more thing. Friends. A lot of them. I never realized how many of your friends will be true when crisis comes. Those I've been calling Friends were sadly missing in action. And those I never really looked at proved to be treasures. The ones I was constantly with, calling my brother and sisters...not even one message to tell me to hang on, or to tell me to be strong. I don't feel angry, just sad. All those time wasted trying to please them so we could be friends...and here, there are these people I never really mingled with...who kept vigil with me, in daily prayers and messages of hope and faith.

Truly, in each rocky path are strewn treasures. Faith. Hope. Love. Family. Friends.

No comments: