Thursday, May 22, 2008

What's Next

For the nth time, I found myself rushing to the ladies' room to retch. Nothing comes out but bitter saliva, and I could feel the wave of nausea building yet again.

After a while, I come out of the stall. A colleague asks.."Buntis ka na?"

"Yup", I answer...Actually, I am now, as of today, 7 weeks pregnant...or so the ultrasound said.

And so the daily routine. For two weeks now the morning sickness has been a constant, wretched companion. From the time I wake up until I retire at night. What's surprising is that I am still gaining weight (golly, I have gained 10 lbs since March 15) despite my seeming lack of appetite. And the stuffed nose has suddenly cleared and I can now smell like a dog...adding to the causes of my retching.

But all these, I gladly bear for the little me or little Jam that's currentlt taking residence inside my tummy.

So now, it's goodbye to a lot of things and hello to...fruits, vegetables and Anmun...and yeah, those big orange and pink capsules that are my vitamins. Hello, too, to unbuttoned blouses (yay! I'm now a boobsie!) and unhooked pants. Goodbye to my tight denims and high-heeled shoes (bhuhuhu) and hello to mightnight snacks.

No comments: