Thursday, January 17, 2008

So Far...So Good

Well, it's a little less than 2 months before the BIG DAY. And thank God (really!) we've managed to book a church, a function hall, and caterer...Which are the essentials.

Here's my checklist:

  1. Bridal Gown - check. Measurements taken first Saturday of January...Will be able to have the first fitting on Feb 9. Crossing my fingers it will be the way I wanted.
  2. Birth Certificates - check. Uh-oh. Jam's BC is okay. Mine is not. As I have foreseen, the way my first name was spelled in my BC would be a complication to deal with....Now, Church needs a lot of affidavits and legal documents...
  3. CENOMA - check. We are both single (as I knew I would be, and hoped he would be)
  4. Certificate of Confirmation - check. Uh oh again. Mine is missing my "second" first name...Sigh...Have to obtain legal documents and submit affidavits again!
  5. Marriage License - check. Applied last 14 January. hehe. Was able to attend the required Pre-Marriage Counselling. Will get the license on the 25th. Yahoo!
  6. Entourage Attire - semi-done. Green satin cloth and matching lining purchased. Have to distribute to entourage.
  7. Flower baskets - semi-done. Need apple green satin ribbons.
  8. Unity Candle - still have to call Jane of the Church to ask if Unity Candle Ceremony allowed.
  9. Invitations - purchased paper/board already from Star Paper. Production underway. Jam is adamant on the wax seal. Heaven forbit we don't put wax seal on the invites.
  10. Cake - Cathedral style, 4-layer cake c/o Anj, our caterer.
  11. Favors - big big big question mark.
  12. Photo/Video - will set up meeting with Jam's colleague's husband. Should be booked before Feb.
  13. HMUA - still need to find someone cheaper. Managed to contact someone from Cavite but I still need a Trial HMU and that means going to Cavite. In fairness, he's cheap.
  14. Program - I'm okay with not having entertainment. Jam and I want it simple and quiet. Will have to discuss with Sound System people about music (from CD which I have to burn SOON). Maybe a few close friends can render songs...Ces certainly is volunteering to do an interpretative dance number...err...can I take a rain check?
  15. Cord - A last minute whim...I want the current trend of a rosary/bead cord instead of the usual "included in the bridal package" cord....
  16. Hotel for the Preps - thinking of Imperial Palace Suites or Great Eastern Hotel...need to know their rates ASAP.
  17. Chuch Music - need to coordinate ASAP. ..I at least want to have "The Prayer" and "You Raise Me Up" and "Panunumpa" on the list.

What else...hmm. I'm so full of ideas but I keep forgetting them...It's good that I am cramming. At least it's just 3 months of rushing instead of 9 months of dilly-dallying.

No comments: